1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE placement - Can I choose the school?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Sophiee89, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Hey guys,
    Title says it all really; can I choose what school I want to do my placement in?
    It would be in the same city as the Uni.
    Thanks in advance,

Soph

2. Hey guys,
    Title says it all really; can I choose what school I want to do my placement in?
    It would be in the same city as the Uni.
    Thanks in advance,

Soph

3. Vanadesse

Vanadesse New commenter

My uni let you, if you approached the school and arranged it yourself. Speak to the uni and ask them, it will vary from place to place.

4. sleepyhead

sleepyhead New commenter

Not very likely with the uni we partner.

5. Thank you both for the quick reply.
    I hope my uni operates the same as Vanadesse's uni, but will have to wait and see..

6. Normally universities will choose the school for the trainee. Many request information to help them make such a choice, but if the school is not a partnership school then many universities will not allow trainees to choose as they cannot guarantee the quyality of the placement, in addition, most will not allow a fr4ee choice as it leads to conflicts if more than one trainee wishes the same placement.
    The Sage

7. Fizzbobble

Fizzbobble Occasional commenter

Be very very careful trying anything like this. My university went absolutely nuts on someone who tried to fix themselves a placement. It did not go down well at all.