1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

pgce pcet English advice needed :)

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by lizyjayne, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Hi all, I am new to this forum so hope I have posted this in the right area. I have just found out that I have an interview for PGCE in Post-compusolry (English) next week at UWE and would like some advice on how to approach this.
    I have been asked to give a 5 minute presentation to the group "Imagine you are to teach the first session in your PGCE PCET chosen subject with a brand new group of students that you have never met before. Please prepare a 5 minute presentation on what these students will be doing in your class - you may use Power Point or other visual aids to support your presentation"
    There will also be a literary test, a subject interview and an individual interview.
    This will be my first interview like this so I am unsure what to expect and what will be expected of me. If anyone could give me any advice I would really appreciate this.
    I would also like to know if anyone else here is doing the course in Bristol and what their experiences are/have been.
    Thank you :)

2. Hi,
    I have also found out that I have an interview for the PCET at UWE in a couple of weeks and I was wondering how you got on with yours? Do you have any advice on the whole process and in particular on the literacy test and presentation? Any help you could give would be much appreciated!

Thanks!