1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

pgce pce/t interview

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by shaniheadley55, Apr 11, 2017.

1. shaniheadley55

shaniheadley55 New commenter

Hi everyone

Can anyone provide good tips or share experience for the pgce post compulsory interview.

I have an interview coming up shortly and i trying to prepare myself. So any advice would be helpful.

Wish me luck!:)
    Thanks in advance.
    Shanigo2.blogspot.co.uk

2. saluki

saluki Lead commenter

No problems. Group interview/ chat - very informal. We all stood up and gave a presentation of our choice. Mine was about the importance of my subject in life in general. I spoke without notes. Someone else gave a ppt presentation about an element of their subject. Then we had quick individual interviews, again very informal, very relaxed. We had been sent some guff to read about teaching in FE and we discussed this at interview.
    The worst bit was waiting to hear if I had been accepted. I nearly moved on to my second choice. I wasn't rejected but my acceptance wasn't confirmed for a few weeks. But I was interviewed in December and didn't get a reply until Februaryish. At this stage of the year and with a lack of applicants I would imagine they will snap your arm off straight away.

3. shaniheadley55

shaniheadley55 New commenter

Thanks very much for your reply. My interview i think will be in the same format as your presentation and interview, i might also have to do a piece of writing. I am prepping myself, i only hope mine will be as relaxed and informal as yours :rolleyes:...but well done for getting through it. Do you mind if i ask what university you studied or will be studying?