Hi, I've got a PhD in Film Studies from a Russell group Uni, and after not managing to get a job in University teaching due to lack of teaching experience/an uninspiring research profile/ lack of appropriate jobs, I decided to apply for a PGCE PCE specializing in Film or Media (currently in process). In recent weeks, however, I've begun to get cold feet and I;ve considered switching to Primary PGCE, which would involve waiting another year for a September 2012 start. Basically, I have some concerns regarding FE pay, working conditions and benefits (e.g. the pension) in comparison to getting QTS in Primary and Secondary. I guess I wanted to do PCE as 'the next best thing' to University lecturing, and maybe with a view to progressing to HE at a later date (I had a nightmare of a Secondary school experience, and would not want to go down that route under any circumstances) However, I'm worried I could be spending a lot of money on a qualification that might not actually improve my job prospects in 12 months time (I wouldn't be able to apply to school sixth forms, and it isn't an HE qualification). I would like some suggestions regarding my next move, if possible - should I go ahead with the PGCE PCE , or would an alternative route be more favourable. Help. I'm desperate!