1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE panic

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by rgrace22, Jun 25, 2019.

1. rgrace22

rgrace22 New commenter

Hello All,

I have recently found out that I have failed my final Pgce assignment resubmission. I received 46%. I have contacted people within my university who have told me that that is that and I have failed the PGCE. Maybe I’m wrong but I find this very hard to believe, I aced my other two and now due to one failed assignment, the door closes? I have reached out to them, begging for a second chance, outlining that I had 4 job interviews lined up during the one week resubmission period that we had. They got back and said that I should have spoken up if I was struggling, I didn’t realise that was an option.

Is there a way to appeal? Or some sort of summer essay submission?

Anything to help,

Thank you.

2. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

You say it was a resubmission, which implies you have already had a second chance at the assignment... what feedback did you receive the first time you submitted it?

3. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Lead commenter

Have they said whether you have passed the QTS element?

4. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

All students have a formal resubmission opportunity. The window is matched to the referral board. Tutors do not have any powers to grant extensions or indeed anything else - it is all run by QAA regulations. There is no such 'one week' resubmission window. I would really speak to the course administrator rather than any tutor - it does not sound like you have any of these things correct. I can't really comment without knowing which uni you are at, but regulations are the same for UG and PG alike.

5. TheOneTonBun

TheOneTonBun New commenter

This sounds awful, you must be frantic. Definitely arrange all the meetings you can. Course leader, student union and student services.