1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE offer withdrawn

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by karrie79, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Thanks to the lovely cuts, my conditional PGCE offer has now been withdrawn. I knew it was subject to to funding but to know I was good enough to be accepted and to have it snatched away seems so cruel. I'm assuming there's going to be a rush now for any remaining places too. Good luck to everyone.
    K

2. Thanks to the lovely cuts, my conditional PGCE offer has now been withdrawn. I knew it was subject to to funding but to know I was good enough to be accepted and to have it snatched away seems so cruel. I'm assuming there's going to be a rush now for any remaining places too. Good luck to everyone.
    K

3. josiejosie

josiejosie New commenter

So sorry, what terrible news. I feel so angry with the way things have been handled - why did the govt mess with this year's cohort?! We must all write to Gove and complain if we haven't already. Just so they start to realise that these changes are v unpopular.

4. Karrie79 me too! its so much worse knowing that you are good enough to be accepted, but to not make it because of the governments shoddy changes!!
    So frustrating, the course had over 300 applicants with only 16 spaces as it was!!
    What are you going to do now?

5. Ktsum, I'm sorry this has happened to you. Is it better to know you're not alone in this situation or not?
    I'm onto my 4th choice with the GTTR as everywhere else is full but now that one looks unlikely.I'll try the clearing but starting to think of giving up.
    I've been told that the people who were interviewed first were allocated the few places at my first choice. Is it my fault I was given a later interview date?

6. Georgia99

Georgia99 New commenter

Oh guys that is awful. What phase are you applying for?
    I got my place last year in August, just two weeks before the start of the course. So things can always turn around for you. Good luck