1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Modern Foreign Languages

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by lauzb, Jan 9, 2011.

1. I applied for a PGCE on the 14th of December for Secondary MFL, French with Spanish. My first choice was Oxford University. I'm starting to get concerned as it has almost been 4 weeks now and I haven't heard anything at all yet. I thought that maybe Christmas and New year, the snowy weather before Christmas and the bank holidays may have affected the process.

2. Geekie

Geekie New commenter

Phone them up?
    Email them?

3. It's OK. I've just heard that I have an interview next Thursday. I haven't received the details of it yet though. Anyone have any idea what the interview for Modern Languages PGCE at Oxford normally entails>
    I want to start preparing already!!

4. zrcadlo

zrcadlo New commenter

I can tell you about mine, but it was 6 years ago. pm me if you think it might still be relevant!

5. I've just been told that it will be a spoken interview, in one or both of my languages and written tasks in both. I have been given no more detail than that. I left university a year and a half ago so I really need to work on some writing and speaking but I don't really know where to start! Knowing about yours may give me a clue. Thanks.

6. hongkonger2006

hongkonger2006 New commenter

The year I went (over 7 years ago) we were taken to a school and asked to comment on a lesson we saw. There was also a teacher from one of the placement schools there. The questions were pretty straight forward - why teaching, why Oxford etc

7. OK thanks. I have to go in to a school for a day this week so I suppose they will ask me to comment on a lesson or activity that I saw as well. Were you asked the teaching type questions in the languages or in English> I know that I have to speak some French or Spanish but I don't know when or what about.