1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Level 6 or level 7?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by boat4boat, Jan 20, 2011.

1. The classifications Post Graduate Certificate in Education (level 7 award) and Professional Graduate in Education (level 6 award).

I am currently on the level 6 route, will this have an impact on job success at the end of the course?

2. The classifications Post Graduate Certificate in Education (level 7 award) and Professional Graduate in Education (level 6 award).

I am currently on the level 6 route, will this have an impact on job success at the end of the course?

3. I doubt it will have any influence at all since I had no idea what you were talking about until I twigged one was probably masters level. Seriously, your chances of gettinga job will depend on lots of things, your A-levels, your degree, your teaching experience, your references, your extra curricular offer, your interview, how you teach on the day..... So many variables of which the level of your PGCE is only one.

4. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket New commenter

I got the L7 and it still took me a year to find a job. The Post Grad/ Prof Grad is just about your academic part of the course. It has no reflection on your ability as a teacher.

When I did my PGCE they were piloting the L7 award and they ran it as all students do the same and if the two main essays were marked as L7 that's the award they got.