1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Languages Interview

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Como_laflor, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Como_laflor

Como_laflor New commenter

I have an interview in about two weeks and I have to prepare a presentation using a visual aid or prop- what would you suggest? I'm having trouble to think of one!

Also, as it is languages, they will be testing my fluency in the languages I want to teach- through a written task- what topics will be included in this part of the interview and will they be asking me some questions during the interview in the target language(s)?

2. agathamorse

agathamorse Occasional commenter

You will definitely be asked questions in your languages during the interview and these will be regarding teaching. As for the presentation is it a teaching presentation as if you were teaching something to a class? If so choose something easy to prepare and deliver. A simple grammar point, hair and eye colours, animals and show how you would follow this up; what activities you would get the class to do next to practice and embed this new knowledge.

Como_laflor likes this.
  3. 1FineDay

1FineDay New commenter

We had to write in our strongest language - 500 words, about a memorable experience or teacher. Include past tense, present tense and future tense and opinion verbs as well as sophisticated vocabulary.

All questions regarding teaching were asked and answered in English.

Hope this helps.

Como_laflor and agathamorse like this.
  4. Como_laflor

Thank you for both replying! If you can remember, what questions were asked and what universities were they that you interviewed for?

5. Como_laflor

Thank you replying!
    If you can remember what type of questions were asked? Just in preparation.

6. agathamorse

agathamorse Occasional commenter

Can’t remember sorry. It was so long ago!

install likes this.