1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE INTERVIEW

Discussion in 'Primary' started by RNUAIMI, Mar 11, 2012.

1. PLEASE HELP!
    i have a PGCE interview for primary and we have been asked to prepare an essay for an area of interest related to primary school education. does anyone have any ideas as i have had a mind block! i have an idea or two but if i can get more than one then i can be fully prepared!

secondly....the group discussion is about a children's book that i could use in a primary classroom, this book should be used to support learning and teaching in more than one area of current primary school curriculum and how it might enhance aspects of children social and emotional development.

thirdly what are current issues related to primary school?

2. PLEASE HELP!
    i have a PGCE interview for primary and we have been asked to prepare an essay for an area of interest related to primary school education. does anyone have any ideas as i have had a mind block! i have an idea or two but if i can get more than one then i can be fully prepared!

secondly....the group discussion is about a children's book that i could use in a primary classroom, this book should be used to support learning and teaching in more than one area of current primary school curriculum and how it might enhance aspects of children social and emotional development.

thirdly what are current issues related to primary school?

3. People on here are very helpful so not to be harsh but this is your interview not ours. What ideas do you have? Why don't you tell us your plans and then we can help you by letting you know our opinions and offering guidance.
    If you are unable to do these tasks on your own with no other courswork or placement then you won't manage to do your essays next year while planning, teaching, evaluating, marking and gathering evidence. These interviews assess your suitability for the course in terms of knowledge, time management and initiative. In the times of the internet you should be able to find solutions to all three q easily.
    Have a think, pop back to us and share and we will all help I am sure!
    Good Luck!

4. Regarding current issues related to primary school I think you need to do your own research here, surely you have a general interest in this if you want to go into teaching? Read the TES magazine, BBC news, the guardian etc.
    For the book, I reckon any children's book can enhance SEAL as they contain moral quandries, characters interacting in either a good way or a bad way, with corresponding consequences. All can be linked to drama, many with science, for example if food is involved (healthy eating), maths if there are lots of shapes discussed in the book.
    For the essay, you could look at how to engage boys in reading, a response to the recent claims that half the country lacks basic numeracy skills and how you would approach numeracy teaching to equip your pupils with the necessary skills, how you would promote comunity cohesion if you live or are training in an area with lots of cultures/ethnicities/religions.
    Good luck!

5. Haha, we replied at the same time there, with a similar response at least to the general question of what the issues are!