1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE interview

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by mehreen97, Aug 20, 2011.

1. mehreen97

mehreen97 New commenter

I have an interview for PGCE Secondary Mathematics on 31 Aug 2011.
    I need help in presentation and interview.

2. No you don't. This is a test of what you can do, what ideas you have. Not the ideas of others. They are interested in you. Present yourself.

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

What User2525 said.

4. mehreen97

mehreen97 New commenter

can't understand???

5. What the others mean is that YOU need to decide on the presentation, YOU need to write it, YOU need to feel confident and comfortable with what you are doing, and for the interview questions only YOU know why you want to teach, you won't get the answers to any of this from other people.
    If it's general advice you need such as questions they might ask there are lots of threads, but if you were to get an idea for a presentation from a poster on these boards and someone else at the same interview had read the same thread and ended up doing a similar thing then it would reflect badly on both of you. It has been known to happen, and the people who do the interviewing also read these threads, if people help too much (which I have done in the past) then the interviewers will know your answers are contrived.
    Best of luck on the interview.