1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Interview

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by munye, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Hi Minal,
    Thanks you very much for your deep answer i really appreciate the answer you given me and which is quite similar the one i have writen on my personal statement, the only problem is i have been working in primary as for almost seven years and i beleive you have covered all the answers that i was looking for. Do you know any good websites which deals with issues facing the teaching career and have you have any kind of idea about those issues? for me there are many issues facing the education and one example is the cut of budget which is taking place now and how this would effect the children with special education need and children with english as additional language any other issues in your mind please forward it to me. Again thanks very much....

2. I guess you could talk about getting rid of EMA which means that fewer people will be going to college...

in terms of websites you could try http://www.guardian.co.uk/education ... have a look under the schools section to see what issues your sector could be facing... if it's just general teaching issues.. you could also talk about the introduction of the A* grade at alevel.. talk about the good and bad things about it

3. Hi Minal,
    What about change of curriculum which the government is proposing to change? could be that another challenge facing the education?

4. Yes that could be one.. to be honest i am not very good with the issues but yes that could be one!.. look at the good and bad points and talk about those. make sure that you are not one sided in your discussion.

5. Hi Munye,
    One of the issues you could mention when it comes to secondary schools is the dilemma of student-teacher relationship. It's been all over the newspapers. Basically new ways of communicating (text messaging, mails and social networking sites) are changing the relationship between pupils and teachers. This promotes over-familiar relationships and creates situations that can blur the boundaries and make it difficult for the teacher to get respect and legitimacy. Also being too friendly and having a jokey relationship with your pupils is a no-no as it will be virtually impossible for you to discipline a student you've been too friendly with.
    So as someone who's mainly worked in primary, if you do mention that it is important to aim to be a good role model and educator and not a friend to your pupils it will show that you are mature and ready to take on the challenge of dealing with older pupils.
    Read this article, very interesting.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2009/sep/23/teacher-pupil-sexual-relationship

6. Normal

false
    false
    false

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */
    table.MsoNormalTable
    {mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
    mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
    mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
    mso-style-noshow:yes;
    mso-style-parent:"";