1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pgce interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Jlrober2, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Hi,

I have got a pgce interview in a few weeks; I've got plenty of classroom experience and my degree was a good balance of literature and language so I'm quite confident about my subject knowlede. However I have a massive fear of the unknown so wondered if anyone had any top tips :)

Thank you

2. My one piece of advice is to relax, be yourself and let your passion for teaching shine through.. Good luck!!

3. Thank you :)

4. I would second that advice; although the interview days themselves (from what I've read on these forums) can be quite varied, you need to get over your nerves and show why you believe you are the right person for the course. Show your passion for teaching and let them see who you really are.
    I think the other important thing is to try and relate your classroom/school experience to whatever question you are asked - give examples to back up what you are saying. This is something that was re-iterated at the very start of my interview morning and yet so many people seemed to forget this advice, perhaps because they were letting their nerves get in the way..(?)
    Where is your interview? I wish you the best of luck!!

5. Reicheru

Reicheru New commenter

You might also want to have a little look into some issues facing teaching, and in particular your subject area, at the moment.
    Make sure you are able to answer the classic what makes a good teacher question and then to apply that to yourself - why you'll make a good teacher.
    Most of all relax! Good luck!

6. Current educational issues and also Every Child Matters/ Safeguarding Children. Also a good knowledge of the National Curriculum, especially if your interview involves a group discussion as you can relate your points to this.
    Most important thing is to show your dedication and passion to becoming a teacher.
    Good Luck!