1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Interview....

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by memewilliams, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone would be able to help. I have an interview with the IOE on the 4th Feb, it was on the 24th Feb but they moved it forward. Anyway, I have just checked GTTR and it says that St Mary's no longer have any vacancies[​IMG], does that mean that as my second choice, if I get rejected by IOE they will automatically reject my application form?

As now I am panicking evening more about what I would have to do next if I get rejected by IOE.[​IMG]

Help PLEASE!

Meme x

2. Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone would be able to help. I have an interview with the IOE on the 4th Feb, it was on the 24th Feb but they moved it forward. Anyway, I have just checked GTTR and it says that St Mary's no longer have any vacancies[​IMG], does that mean that as my second choice, if I get rejected by IOE they will automatically reject my application form?

As now I am panicking evening more about what I would have to do next if I get rejected by IOE.[​IMG]

Help PLEASE!

Meme x

3. I think that if IOE rejected you (hopefully not) then St Mary's would probably automatically reject you as they no longer have vacancies. Remember that only your 1st choice is guaranteed consideration if applied by 1st December. Try not to panic and just concentrate on preparing for your first interview. Best of luck.

4. I don't think any uni has any idea about how many places they will be offering for Sept 2011 as the TDA haven't made any announcements about funding.
    SO, if St Mary's are saying they are full then it might not be the case, if they have decided on offering a lower number of places thinking that their funding will be cut then if they get the full amount they may have places again.
    Basically, what I am trying to say is NO university knows whether they will be offering 5 places or 500, so until the announcements are made I wouldn't give the vacancy lists much sway, some uni's have offered conditional places based on a lower number of places, the government may well decide to keep it as it was last year.........(we can only hope!!)

5. That's true. However, I think some universities state on the GTTR that they have no vacancies as a way of saying they won't be looking at anymore applications- 2nd choice applicants. Because they know from the number of people who did apply before the 1st of December 1st choice is enough applicants to fill the number of places. I think this sounds so babbly but I know what I'm trying to say.

6. Yes it'll mean you're rejected, but if you phone the GTTR now you can change your 2nd choice so that you don't lose it knowing you'll be automatically rejected. Or even if you don't do that and they reject you, you can then add another choice.

7. Hey all, thank you for your responses! and thanks for your good luck wishes as well. I will definately work twice as hard knowing that this may be my only one shot! I will also call gttr to see if I can change my second choice to be on the safe side (hopefully it wont come to that though and I'm successful at IOE (fingers crossed!)
    Meme x

8. Meme, How did the interview go? I have mine on the 26th April, moved from the 23rd May! I've been writing up some questions and looking through the NC, but there is so much and a bit of a gamble if they want an overview or if they will ask on specific details of the NC!

Any advice you have on your experience welcomed!
    Thank you