1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Interview - Year 1 Teaching task?!!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by shonabra, Nov 13, 2016.

1. shonabra

shonabra New commenter

Hi all,
    I'm new here so I hope this is ok...
    I am in the process of applying to teach with my first interview for primary PGCE being held in a couple of weeks!! I have been asked to 'plan to teach a group of other applicants, for approx 5 mins; as though you were teaching an introduction to a topic to YEAR ONE children (like roleplay)' I can choose any topic from the national curriculum..... Any one have any ideas? I have some but unsure if they are suitable as 5 minutes is not very long at all! I also need to create a lesson plan for this! HELP! After the 5 mins I then have to do a presentation about 'what and how I would continue to teach this topic'. I personally feel this is the easy bit. I know I can fill up this time with my different ideas of how I would continue.
    Does anyone have a similar interview experience so I know what I'm in for?! Any Do's and Don'ts?
    I'm very nervous!

TIA :)
    x