1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Interview University of Ulster Coleraine

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by zazmurph, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Has anyone recent experience of the interview in Coleraine and any tips would be greatly appreciated, I have my interview on Feb 23rd

2. Hey I know im not the reply you're looking for but I found out about my Coleraine Interview on Thurs - its 12th March. What subject have you applied for?

3. Hi, is yours primary or secondary? I have my primary interview now on wednesday for coleraine, dont know what to expect at all.

4. My interview is for secondary geography! I really don't have a clue what to expect and apparently they only have 8 places eeeeek!!!

5. Aw! I know its so nerve rackn and Northern Ireland is so competitve but just stay calm and positive and hopefully itl all work out! im sorry i cant be more help! if i hear anything il let u know tho! best of luck!! [​IMG]

6. I am applying for the Primary School teaching in my final year in St.Pats Dublin studying English and Human Development

7. It's primary like yourself hope not too late to wish you the best of luck
    Have you got the format that they sent out it does seem intense
    Let us know how you get on

8. Hi everyone. I just received a letter from Coleraine inviting me for interview on the 18th March. I'm delighted but really nervous. My subject is Home Economics. I was wondering if anyone has an idea what to expect. I'm not sure how many places they have available. I'm a mature student (28) and have spent the last 6 years in college training as a chef and than doing a degree in business and hospitality management and it was all to get this chance. I'm terrified I'll mess it up. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks[​IMG]

9. I had my art and design interview a few days before yours and I am glad you felt the same way as I did about good cop, bad cop! My interview was over very quickly - felt more like 10 minutes. They were running late and I felt the interview was being rushed through. Only time will tell!

10. Thanks for your reply. Interview is tomorrow so fingers crossed. Also, has anyone else had an interview for the pgce in home economics. Just wondering what the level of applicants is like. I wouldn't imagine there would be as many applicants as for the other subjects e.g. geography, history etc. Maybe I'm wrong.

11. I had my interview on thurs there! It was really informal and felt like a chat!! We spent most time talking about geography and my degree and a wee bit about ICT and what I thought were good qualities of a teacher! good luck :D (oh and does anyone know how long we have to wait til we hear?)