1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE INTERVIEW TIPS

Discussion in 'English' started by rachaeliow, Dec 7, 2011.

1. I have a Secondary English PGCE interview coming up very soon and I wondered if anyone has anything extra special tips? I have to complete a 30 min writing task - any clues what on earth this may require? PLEASE HELP ASAP!

2. I have a Secondary English PGCE interview coming up very soon and I wondered if anyone has anything extra special tips? I have to complete a 30 min writing task - any clues what on earth this may require? PLEASE HELP ASAP!

3. CaptGrimesRetd

CaptGrimesRetd Occasional commenter

My guess would be something which can subsequently be discussed with you: your own experience of English in a secondary school context; a memorable lesson; a text you especially enjoyed as a school student. It may even be about a teacher you admired or a school visit.
    I'd look on this as part of the interviewing package rather than a stand-alone task.
    Of course, it will also be a test of your ability to write engagingly.
    Hope it goes well.

4. Thank you for your help and advise

5. Spassky

Spassky New commenter

They'll be looking at your punctuation and spelling too...