1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Interview Tests!

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by barneystinson, Nov 23, 2009.

1. I have a PGCE Interview in December (Applied ICT for Secondary Schools) and was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of the level of Maths and English tests likely to be put in front of me at the Interview? I'm a bit worried about the standard I'll have to face!
    Also, if anyone could tell me what to expect on the day that would be appreciated as well!

2. I have a PGCE Interview in December (Applied ICT for Secondary Schools) and was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of the level of Maths and English tests likely to be put in front of me at the Interview? I'm a bit worried about the standard I'll have to face!
    Also, if anyone could tell me what to expect on the day that would be appreciated as well!

3. Durng PGCE, you will have to do the QTS tests (Qyalified teacher skills). You have to pass one in maths, science, ict and English each. Here you can try and prepare for them:
    http://www.tda.gov.uk/skillstests.aspx
    You can't practise these too often.I can't emphasize that too much :>)
    That would also prepare a little for the interview. they ask the obvious questions like
    "why do you want to teach", "what would you do in such-and-such a situation" (try to imagine a few, NEVER say you would 'keep a child's secret",
    what do you think you could give children that is beneficial
    any special experience you have (work abroad)
    any work in schools/ with children
    describe an unusual/problematic situation in your working life, and how you reacted to it/solved it

strengths/wwaknesses?
    (my favourit answer to that one is, that in one situation something that appears to be a strength, could be a weakness in a different situation, so ask them to specify). for examlple , if you are a strict disciplinarian and have no problem yelling at people and ordering them around, then that wouldn't be beneficial if you were to work in an old people's home)

Good luck. If they take you (and they're desperate at the moment) write off your life for the next two years.

4. Was this interview at Warwick University by any chance?
    Kind Regards

5. No, LJMU.
    Thanks for digging up a 2 year old thread though, quite a blast from the past.

6. So, did you become a teacher?i'm interested now.