1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE interview MFL French

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by yasmineouchatar, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Hi Everybody!I've got an interview next week in Keele University for French PGCE and I'm very nervous about it. I got a short notice and I have to prepare a 5 minutes lesson for year 9 on a grammar point of my choice. I'm very confused about that one as the audience will be my interviewers so I'm not sure in what way I should interact with them? Any advices/ideas would be much appreciated!!Also I'm a French native speaker, and although it's been 3 years that I live in the UK and I'm confident in expressing myself in English, I'm worried this could let me down in the group interview. It's the first time I'm doing this so there's a lot of questions I'm asking myself, which does not help getting rid of my stress!!If somebody went through the same kind of interview, I would be really happy to hear from you and get some feedbacks.Thanks a lot!

2. Hi Everybody!I've got an interview next week in Keele University for French PGCE and I'm very nervous about it. I got a short notice and I have to prepare a 5 minutes lesson for year 9 on a grammar point of my choice. I'm very confused about that one as the audience will be my interviewers so I'm not sure in what way I should interact with them? Any advices/ideas would be much appreciated!!Also I'm a French native speaker, and although it's been 3 years that I live in the UK and I'm confident in expressing myself in English, I'm worried this could let me down in the group interview. It's the first time I'm doing this so there's a lot of questions I'm asking myself, which does not help getting rid of my stress!!If somebody went through the same kind of interview, I would be really happy to hear from you and get some feedbacks.Thanks a lot!

3. the subjunctive! Reflexive verbs! Well actually I've no idea but I remember that in year nine in top set French we were learning about the subjunctive... I think. Darn, that subjunctive still gives me problems now! Sorry that this is not really much help... really a bit jealous that you're applying to do MFL, that's what I'd love to do BUT I don't have good enough french. (Only GCSE and au pair work ) Mais bonne chance, vous allez reussir, j'en suis sur. :)

4. Merci beaucoup!!! I was thinking of something a bit less complicated such as masculine/feminine...Well, I've got the whole week-end to find a good topic and the way I'm going to make it interesting...Hopefully it's gonna work...God I'm nervous...Thanks for your answer anyway :)