1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Interview HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by mcramd, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Hello everyone,
    I have my PGCE interview for English this week and despite working hard on all areas I am still getting very nervous about it.
    I have prepared a five minute presentation which i am comfortable with, however I am going to have to complete a written task and a subject task along with a group discussion and individual interview.
    I am worried about a them asking me a question about an educational issue and i am going to become stumpted and speechless,
    I was thinking about the government encouraging academies, SEN, EAL and Every Child Matters, I was wondering if these would be ok to get me through or if anybody had any suggestions.
    Any general advice would be gratefully recieved which will help me out in any way.
    Thankyou very much for taking the time to read this.

2. Hello everyone,
    I have my PGCE interview for English this week and despite working hard on all areas I am still getting very nervous about it.
    I have prepared a five minute presentation which i am comfortable with, however I am going to have to complete a written task and a subject task along with a group discussion and individual interview.
    I am worried about a them asking me a question about an educational issue and i am going to become stumpted and speechless,
    I was thinking about the government encouraging academies, SEN, EAL and Every Child Matters, I was wondering if these would be ok to get me through or if anybody had any suggestions.
    Any general advice would be gratefully recieved which will help me out in any way.
    Thankyou very much for taking the time to read this.

3. Hi, I have an interview this week, although it is for primary it seems very similar. We have to do a presentation which I feel ok about. What did you do yours on?

We have an English and maths test which I am slightly worried about, although I have good GCSE grades its remembering all the basic things argh!

I have been looking at recent educational topics, came up with similar things like academies, EAL, also the importance of ICT in the national curriculum. Seem to be the popular ones.

I think the main advice I've been given is to try and relax, be confident and show your enthusiasm for teaching.

I guess by now you've had your interview?

How did it go? Where did you apply for?

Fingers crossed for you

Amy