1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE INTERVIEW HELP!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by rfp123, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Hello!!!
    I have got my PGCE interview at Gloucestershire on Saturday and am super excited and nerrrrvous!!! As part of my interview i have to prepare a five min presentation using an item to encourage children to learn. What I'm planning to do is to use a pack of "Talking cards" as in each card is assigned to a question for example... describe a member of your family etc etc. Any thoughts on whether this is a good idea? I'm aiming it at key stage , in particular the EN1 speaking and listening stage of the Primary Curriculum. Any thoughts?
    Can anyone offer me any help on the relationship between teaching and learning and any other tips and help!
    Thanks!

2. Hello!!!
    I have got my PGCE interview at Gloucestershire on Saturday and am super excited and nerrrrvous!!! As part of my interview i have to prepare a five min presentation using an item to encourage children to learn. What I'm planning to do is to use a pack of "Talking cards" as in each card is assigned to a question for example... describe a member of your family etc etc. Any thoughts on whether this is a good idea? I'm aiming it at key stage , in particular the EN1 speaking and listening stage of the Primary Curriculum. Any thoughts?
    Can anyone offer me any help on the relationship between teaching and learning and any other tips and help!
    Thanks!

3. I'm so sorry I can't offer any advice, but didn't want to leave you hanging.
    Hopefully someone will post a useful reply soon. If not, I think you might be able to get some support on the prospective student forum (not sure if that's the exact name) or the primary forum.
    Hope it all goes well!

4. brewfairy

brewfairy New commenter

Hi, I hope you're interview went well!! I have mine on Saturday and I'm so nervous. How did your presentation go? did you go with the talking cards? I was thinking about using different dice to teach about probability, aimed at KS1. I have no idea what to say about why I picked the item though, and the relationship between teaching and learning. Any tips or presentations that stood out on the day would be much appreciated. Many thanks x

5. Hi Brewfairy,
    I have my interview at U of G next Saturday and was wondering what you said for the question surrounding the relationship between teaching and learning.
    I've got my presentation sorted out and am going to take my laptop to use Powerpoint (I've also printed out a hard copy just in case!).
    How were the English and Maths tests?
    Any help, tips and advice from anyone out there would be greatly appreciated!
    Cheerio,
    Craig

6. Lauren_Elizabeth_

Lauren_Elizabeth_ New commenter

How did everyones interviews go?
    Any tips and advice?

Thank you

Lauren