1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE interview help please

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minniemouse1, Mar 5, 2011.

1. [​IMG] Hello can you please help I have an interview at Southampton at the end of March and need to do a five minute presentation to a group on a current educational issue. I have two ideas and wondered what you thought of them. The first one is boys handwriting. I thought I could introduce Ofsteds view about boys being behind girls and then highlighting what we do in our early years setting with them. We build on their motor skills by using special groups. I also need a resource to show and i thought I could show one of the activities we do?
    The second idea is about improving the outdoor area by showing we can mirror the indoor area with the childrens outdoor learning. I thought i could refer to our ofsted report showing we needed more outdoor learning and also comment that ofsted and gov wants more outdoor play. As the resource I could show an activity mat that I made where the children sit and act out their role play scenarios. This is outside three times a week and the children love using it and the role play language and interaction is fantastic.
    Please give me your views regarding this? If you have any other ideas regarding any other present educational issues I would love to hear from you. Thank you for your time. [​IMG]

2. [​IMG] Hello can you please help I have an interview at Southampton at the end of March and need to do a five minute presentation to a group on a current educational issue. I have two ideas and wondered what you thought of them. The first one is boys handwriting. I thought I could introduce Ofsteds view about boys being behind girls and then highlighting what we do in our early years setting with them. We build on their motor skills by using special groups. I also need a resource to show and i thought I could show one of the activities we do?
    The second idea is about improving the outdoor area by showing we can mirror the indoor area with the childrens outdoor learning. I thought i could refer to our ofsted report showing we needed more outdoor learning and also comment that ofsted and gov wants more outdoor play. As the resource I could show an activity mat that I made where the children sit and act out their role play scenarios. This is outside three times a week and the children love using it and the role play language and interaction is fantastic.
    Please give me your views regarding this? If you have any other ideas regarding any other present educational issues I would love to hear from you. Thank you for your time. [​IMG]