1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE interview help needed for primary education, please!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by DustyRose, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Hello all, I have a PGCE interview next week. Could someone just point me in the right direction hints or tips on current issues and practices within primary education/KS1 as I think I'm going off tangent. Any information is much appreciated thank you

2. aridion

aridion New commenter

You could read about Every Child Matters. That has been a big issue for a number of years.

Have a look at the Department for Education website and see their latest developments.

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Government to ban use of phrase "Every Child Matters"
    12 Aug 2010
    The new Government has placed a ban on the term "Every Child Matters" as part of a widespread change in terminology within Whitehall departments. Details of the changes are revealed in an internal Department for Education (DfE) memo, split into two columns for words used before 11 May and those which should be replaced.

I would look at proposed changes to the NC (delayed until 2014) changes to National Curriculum testing
    Pupil premium
    Academies and free schools and the implications

4. NQT88

NQT88 New commenter

You could talk about the change to SAT's, the change from end of KS2 floor targets from 55% to 60% level 4. Look at academies as well.
    You could also talk about where the changes to the NC are coming in and how that will affect schools in the next few years (the NC wikipedia page explains it suprisingly well).
    Good luck!

5. thank u , very helpful :)