1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

pgce interview help!-- ks1 book

Discussion in 'Primary' started by emily88, Jan 12, 2011.

1. I have to read a passage from a ks1 book of my choice and
    discuss themes and why I chose it. I have just begun to look around for my
    perfect book but wanted to see if anyone on here could recommend one to me?

Thanks all
    Emily

2. I have to read a passage from a ks1 book of my choice and
    discuss themes and why I chose it. I have just begun to look around for my
    perfect book but wanted to see if anyone on here could recommend one to me?

Thanks all
    Emily

3. I could recommend lots that I have used but rather think that the PGCE interviewers are looking for your choice and your ideas.
    Why not get yourself down to the local library, waterstones or smiths and settle yourself for the afternoon in the children's section? I would obviously start by looking at the picture books but shorter books (think The Twits) also work with upper ks1. Keep in mind that you have been asked to discuss themes and why you chose it so choose a book that has plenty to talk about. Some are lovely stories, have great pictures, but that is about all you can say.
    I'm sorry if my response seems harsh but at least this way the ideas will be your own and you'll have lots of books you can talk about and draw from, rather than one that was recommended on an internet forum.

4. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Precisely.
    It doesn't. At least, not to me.
    I do sometimes wonder how pre-Internet teachers EVER managed to stand on their own two feet.