1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Interview - English with Drama

Discussion in 'English' started by RebeccaLW1, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Hi, I have an interview on Monday for my PGCE Secondary English with Drama, I just wondered if anyone had any advice for me?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    I also have to present a five minute presentation on something I'm interested in that is not do with education or my dissertation subject - without the aid of technology - and I'm not sure what is suitable?
    Thank you!
    Rebecca

2. Zadok1

Zadok1 New commenter

I'm not sure what a PGCE course is looking for in prospective students (did a GTP) but I would suggest mentioning that you like teenagers! (I'm sure others will have much more constructive advice on that score).

For your presentation you could try a speaking and listening task I've used with Y7! Choose 3-5 objects that mean something to you (can be anything: a photo, a pair of shoes, a poem, a book or theatre programme, a gift... whatever!) and explain what they mean to you... the idea is to explore different aspects of your personality and interests

Or... given that you can't do anything to do with your subject why not try to teach them a different skill... needs to be simple though. Something like a card trick or some kind of origami. If you're brave you could teach them how to make the best paper planes and then test which fly best!

What ever you do... good luck!