1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE interview at UWE bristol... Help!!!

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by emmalouisethompson, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Hey i wonder if anyone can help,

I have an interview at Uwe University. I have been told i need to bring a portfolio of any related work and work experience i have, But also i need to give 2 minute presentation, as if i was giving the presentation to a group of eleven year old. It says be creative, however i am unsure how to do this. I have to choose an artist of my choice. If anyone has had an interview like this any info would be helpful as i have no idea what to expect.

Also I have to take a literacy test is this hard? :S

Is there anything that could prepare me for this interview as i feel like im unprepared atm x

2. Hey i wonder if anyone can help,

I have an interview at Uwe University. I have been told i need to bring a portfolio of any related work and work experience i have, But also i need to give 2 minute presentation, as if i was giving the presentation to a group of eleven year old. It says be creative, however i am unsure how to do this. I have to choose an artist of my choice. If anyone has had an interview like this any info would be helpful as i have no idea what to expect.

Also I have to take a literacy test is this hard? :S

Is there anything that could prepare me for this interview as i feel like im unprepared atm x

3. Lottes

Lottes New commenter

2 minutes is no time.... just choose someone INTERESTING, not predictable like Van Gogh or Monet.... perhaps an artist whose work you've seen at a recent exhibition, or someone who influenced your degree work?
    For instance - "Do artworks have to last? Do they have to hang on a wall and do they have to look beautiful? I want to show you the work of the contemporary artist Anya Gallaccio who works with natural materials such as ice, grass and flowers. Her work is ephemeral which means it doesn't last and it changes depending on when you visit the exhibition. Her panels of daisies look and smell beautiful at the start of her shows, but by the end................etc" Show a few images.
    Use a fair bit of subject specific vocabulary (installation art/ sculpture). Simple enough for 11 year olds but not babyish in any way. Showcase your own knowledge as this is what they're looking at and a confident ability to present something in a coherent manner.

4. Thanks very much. I was thinking about using the artist Chris Ofili. This will allow me to talk about how the work is presented (not in the traditional manner) and how he plays around with materials that he has found.
    It says be creative :s i think i may be just panicking over nothing now. But i suppose nervous are good :)

Thanks again

5. I am the same.How did your interview go???would a powerpoint be ok??