1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE interview at Edge Hill this friday!!!

Discussion in 'English' started by garbhan, Feb 8, 2012.

1. garbhan

garbhan New commenter

Hi everyone,

I have an interview with edge hill this Friday for secondary English pgce. I'm very nervous about the actual interview and what question I will be asked. I think I'm pretty prepared in questions like 'why do you want to be a teacher' and questions on the importance of Shakespeare and current educational issues. In terms of the curriculum, does anyone know what kind of questions they will ask? it's just so much and if I had an idea of which areas to look over that would be great. also aside from the interview and written/reading task, will they expect any kind if power point presentation? also the fact i broke my arm last week helping an old woman has slowed down my prep work for the interview.

Any tips and advice is welcome and will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

from a very nervous garbhan

2. garbhan

garbhan New commenter

Hi everyone,

I have an interview with edge hill this Friday for secondary English pgce. I'm very nervous about the actual interview and what question I will be asked. I think I'm pretty prepared in questions like 'why do you want to be a teacher' and questions on the importance of Shakespeare and current educational issues. In terms of the curriculum, does anyone know what kind of questions they will ask? it's just so much and if I had an idea of which areas to look over that would be great. also aside from the interview and written/reading task, will they expect any kind if power point presentation? also the fact i broke my arm last week helping an old woman has slowed down my prep work for the interview.

Any tips and advice is welcome and will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

from a very nervous garbhan

3. leola

leola New commenter

I doubt they'll expect a pp presentation-they would have told you to make one.
    They probably won't expect you to have a detailed thorough knowledge of the curriculum-try not to worry too much. They might ask you about ways in which you could use a novel to teach-you could think about different reading and writing activities you could create inspired from reading a novel.
    I'd think about how you would deal with behaviour in the classroom-they might ask you questions regarding how you'd deal with certain situations. A book called 'getting the *** to behave' is worth a read here with basic behaviour management techniques.
    Take your time before answering questions, be confident and enthusiastic-sure you will be great! Good luck.

4. garbhan

garbhan New commenter

thank you so much for the quick reply, you really have put me at ease, thanks for the great advice.