1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE interview at BCU

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by brokenstar64, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Hi Nadz,
    Have you had your interview yet?
    Had the Early Years PGCE interview yesterday - found the maths test quite hard, and the written test a little rushed, i could've done with a lot more time if only to read through the extract first!
    Think i screwed up the interview - but only time will tell... :s

2. Hi,
    I have two week til my interview. I'm getting a bit worried now. what were you expected to do in the maths and english test. what sort of things should i be revising for, e.g fractions.
    I'm sure you wil be fine. wish you all the best. x

3. Hi! I am currently on the Early Years PGCE at BCU, so had my interview last year! I am also a student rep for the course! The interview process is not so bad at all! Just make sure you have brushed up on basic maths. If it is the same as last year, then you will be required to know something about a topic, which you will be asked about in the interview, and also you will need to write about it in the english test. Although I am unsure if it has changed at all! Just go in, be confident (not cocky), smile, and genuine! I am sure you will be fine! :D