1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE interview at BCU (Birmingham City Uni) - advice sought

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Pbajaj, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Hi All,
    I have an interview at the above University in a few weeks time comprising of :
    15 mins maths test (basic maths skills at a level needed by primary school teachers)
    30 mins written test (reflect on the current contemporary issue in relation to an educational extract provided by them)
    20 mins interview (discuss a current contemporary issue of your choice and its impact on school practice) (provide evidence of how my previous qualifications and experience will support my decision to apply for a place on the PCGE primary course.).
    I am presently swotting on maths KS2 and reading pre issues of TES back to back. If anyone has been for an interview of this type there or can provide general advice to assist, I would be extremely grateful.
    Many thanks
    Pb

2. Hi All,
    I have an interview at the above University in a few weeks time comprising of :
    15 mins maths test (basic maths skills at a level needed by primary school teachers)
    30 mins written test (reflect on the current contemporary issue in relation to an educational extract provided by them)
    20 mins interview (discuss a current contemporary issue of your choice and its impact on school practice) (provide evidence of how my previous qualifications and experience will support my decision to apply for a place on the PCGE primary course.).
    I am presently swotting on maths KS2 and reading pre issues of TES back to back. If anyone has been for an interview of this type there or can provide general advice to assist, I would be extremely grateful.
    Many thanks
    Pb

3. Hi there,

i also have an interview at the same uni in a weeks time, please help, r u jsut looking at one issue or many. i am so confused, i have looked at the rose review but this is still on going so how would you apply it to current school practices, also personalised learning but this has been around since 2008, but sounds lkie a good one to do.

Any other ideas.

Tx

4. Hi, I also have an interview at this university next week and i was wondering how yours went and what the topics discussed were? Was the interview a 1 on 1 interview? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
    Joel

5. Okay,
    So my interview is next week at BCU,
    and I have been looking at different topics too,
    how did it go for each of you?

6. Hi I've just logged on to this web site. I've also got an interview coming up and I'm really stressing about it. Is it poss that that I can view the responses you've had to your message??? I would really be grateful. Thanks.

7. Hi apple13 I have an interview coming up also for BCU. Are u researching one topic or more! i am just looking at one at the moment but am worried that I will not be able to answer adequetly on it! Do you know what sort of question is presented for the written assignment? I am very anxious about this interview!

8. Hello
    I have the same interview coming up in the couple of weeks and was wondering if you could provide me with some tips as Im starting to panic!
    How do you provide evidence that previous qualifications and experience will support your decision to apply for pgce course?Do you just talk about your relevant experiences?
    Also, do they ask you the standard interview questions?
    Is the discussion on the current issue like a presentation or will they ask you questions on that?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated as im quite worried about this.

9. I am also only looking at one issue at the minute; it is the schools sports funding issues, but I am now afraid that I will not be fit to answer substancially in both the written task and interview on this topic, however as the letter states that one issue should be prepared for the interview, I am hoping I have enough in this topic as I would rather stick to the one topic without confusing the whole thing! I am also only using what is available on the web as my resources! I am from Ireland so am not very up to date on the issues in England. As we are being asked to discuss our issue in the interview I am thinking that we will be asked questions as we are discussing! Hopefully we will come out wondering what we were worried about but it is the fear of the unknown! Providing evidence of previous qualifications and experience - I hope it will be ok to just be fit to speak adequatley and refer positively to these experiences as that is the only form of evidence I am planning on providing! What do you think??