1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE IN THE UK OR MASTERS IN THE USA

Discussion in 'US – Staffroom' started by jeagles23, Jul 23, 2018.

1. jeagles23

jeagles23 New commenter

Hello, I am looking for some information regarding the best and most employable route for myself as a special educational needs teacher in the USA.

I have just received a place at the University of Birmingham for their schools direct special education PGCE. Ultimately i would like to move to the USA and teach, i have gone over to the USA and after viewing and speaking with three universities and one long standing special needs teacher, their feelings, regarding myself wanting to teach special needs in the US, was that i was more likely to gain employment, doing a masters in special ed leading to initial licensure at an american university.

I am completely stuck on what to do? Has anyone had a similar experience, or is it just as viable to train in the UK and then attempt to make the move?

Thanks,
    Jess