1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE in MFL interview at Institute of Education

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by CeraTeach, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Hi there,

I have just applied for a PGCE course in MFL at the IOE. Does anybody know how will the interview be like? What do they test? I offered Spanish and Italian as main languages with French...will all my languages be tested both orally and in writing? Please give me some tips!

I would also like to know if anybody has had experiences with Cumbria, King's College or Kingston Universities in the same field - MFL.

Hope to here from you!

Cera

2. Hi there,

I have just applied for a PGCE course in MFL at the IOE. Does anybody know how will the interview be like? What do they test? I offered Spanish and Italian as main languages with French...will all my languages be tested both orally and in writing? Please give me some tips!

I would also like to know if anybody has had experiences with Cumbria, King's College or Kingston Universities in the same field - MFL.

Hope to here from you!

Cera

3. henriette

henriette New commenter

I don't know anything about the interview or the course, but I did host an IoE PGCE students for a placement a year ago: considering that my school is in South Berkshire I thought they had cast the net very wide!

4. Hi Cera,
    Have you had your interview yet? How did it go? I have an MFL interview coming up at IOE too and would love to know what to expect. Did you have to teach anything from KS3? I saw on the education.gov.uk website that they might include a teaching element - would be good to know how much to prepare.
    Thanks!