1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE ICT Anyone?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by kimberlie, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Any got an interview for an ICT PGCE?
    I have mine on Thursday at Edge Hill and I am soo nervous!
    Been looking up as much information as possible but I still feel so unprepared.

2. Hi Kimberlie
    How did the interview go? I have got one in March for the PGCE ICT at Edge Hill and I am feeling sick already! Have you got any tips you could share with me please? I'm a bit worried because it's 14 years since I left Uni and so it's ages since I did anything like this! Did the interviews take all day?
    Thanks!

3. I had an interview last week for an ICT SCITT. I have been offered a place. We had to do a 10 min presentation to a class of year 10 students. Then I was asked some ICT/Curr related questions, which were not as bad as I thought they would be. Then some general questions what makes a good teachers etc. Then finally I was given an article on ICT in the classroom to do a crictical review of.
    I was so scared before the day, but I spent alot of time preparing and when I got there it was not as bad as I had built it up to be.
    Good luck to you all, I have an interview for a GTP next week, so I will go through all that again.

4. ICT PGCE at Huddersfield for me. Anyone else out there going for the same course?
    I have an interview on 1st March, feeling nervous. How have you all prepared? What sort of things should I be looking over? I have to write an opinion on a statement about ICT and have been reading the TES. Should I be looking at specific classroom lesson content?

5. bump.

6. I was given an article called 'The bigger picture' instant access to a visual world.The task was to write my opinion on the article and reflect how it ouwld affect my teaching, planning, lessons and schooling ( I think). I had an unlimited time to complete, and the interviewer said that it was just to check I was able to write in english. This was one of the parts I was most worried about. I have since recieved the call to say I have a place... Woo hoo

I hope that this helps.
    Good luck

7. Where you offered a place at Edge Hill?