1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE funding/loans for 2012/13

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by MathsWhizz91, Jan 5, 2012.

1. MathsWhizz91

MathsWhizz91 New commenter

Postgraduate courses tend not to offer student loans, but teaching ones do- and you can apply for a student loan as you would if you were an undergraduate student :) xx

2. Thank goodness! I did think that, but was beginning to doubt i'd got it correct! Thank you so much for replying so quick you're a star! x x

3. Thanks for the ideas posted about getting a student loan. Education is a costly undertaking. When the economy is down, however, deciding if that cost is worth it could be difficult. Article resource: Doing the math of graduate school costs

4. I'm having a real nightmare with my student finance application. I have done my undergraduate degree and been in full time employment for 2 years. I'm moving back home but my parents are unable to support me so I am trying to claim myself as financially independent. That part is not a lie - I have been in full time employment for two years and part time employment all the way through my undergraduate but it's the proof they need! Having to did out P60s and all sorts. Nightmare - all for them to probably come back and say no. Grrr. Anyway, what's more debt eh?!?

5. StarbabyCat

StarbabyCat New commenter

Yeah, I doubt you'll manage it. If you're under 25 you have to prove you've been financially independent for 3 years. Thankfully I turn 25 in March! I don't mind the debt- in my mind its just another tax. I'll PM you my Facebook! I'm already freaking out about the Maths QTS test- I'm dire at maths and especially arithmatic. I'm starting revising now, otherwise I'll never pass the damn thing!