1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE French Interview help please?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Shivymccann, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Hi,

I have an interview for a MFL PGCE course in one week. I have to do a 5 minute lesson aimed at year 7 new learners of French and also a written task in French. Does anyone have any ideas what sort of things i should revise for the written task in French? I have no idea what that will be about and i'm worried my French will not be good enough! Some of the group are native French speakers so mine will seem very poor compared to theirs.
    Also, any ideas for the lesson would be great, i'm not sure if something as simple as teaching vocab for shopping in the supermarket, or something like that, is appropriate? With games and hand-outs etc. Please help if you can.

Thank you,
    Shiv

2. Hi
    Teach something simple like the Days of the Week which they can repeat and write. Use cards to help. Then play a memry game where they each give a day of the week and the next person has to remember what the person before them said. The third person ahs to remember what the two before them said and so on and so on. They dont have to be in order.
    But if you have only 5 minutes do a simple hangman. Use the native speakers to help in pronunciation.
    Best wishes
    K