1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pgce flexible route Herts cancelled

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by banana99, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Just received an email to say the flexible route has been cancelled - had an interview next week - so disappointed - has anybody else heard. Lou

2. Just received an email to say the flexible route has been cancelled - had an interview next week - so disappointed - has anybody else heard. Lou

3. yeh i got the same message..was sooooooooooooooo disappointed...i'm going to write a complaint because they have put those who put herts at their first choice at a disadvantage plus no reason whatsoever given!!

4. Hi,
    The same thing has happened at Anglia Ruskin Univeristy, only they have cancelled the ITT undergraduate course rather than the PGCE. Some people had applied/interviewed which is very disappointing!
    I believe it is out of the university's control. The reason is probably because it has been cut by the TDA/Government due to funding. The universities recieved their allocations in January. This may not be the case, but I'm pretty sure it is. I would contact the university and they should be able to give you a reason.
    So sorry that this has happened to both of you - hope you have more luck at your second choices!