1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE English

Discussion in 'English' started by hjones21, May 1, 2012.

1. Hi there, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section of the site or anything related, but I had a question regarding the PGCE available for English.
    I'm beginning a degree in English Creative and Professional Writing along with TESOL (primarily for the teaching experience it will provide) and was curious about the PGCE selection process. I'm curious if anyone here has taken this route and could offer me any advice/tips in pursuing the PGCE and ultimately a career teaching English.
    Once again, I apologise if this is in the wrong section. Any help would be appreciated immensely!
    Thanks,
    Hannah.

2. Hi there, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section of the site or anything related, but I had a question regarding the PGCE available for English.
    I'm beginning a degree in English Creative and Professional Writing along with TESOL (primarily for the teaching experience it will provide) and was curious about the PGCE selection process. I'm curious if anyone here has taken this route and could offer me any advice/tips in pursuing the PGCE and ultimately a career teaching English.
    Once again, I apologise if this is in the wrong section. Any help would be appreciated immensely!
    Thanks,
    Hannah.

3. I think all universities are different but most do ask for some classroom experience, even if it is just a few hours volunteering.

4. Thanks for the reply. That's what I've been told about the TESOL and I'd be willing to partake in any classroom experience, I was just unsure if my degree choice would be a hindrance despite it being an English subject. I've started emailing some Universities too to see where they stand.

Once again, thanks for the reply!

5. a pedant

a pedant New commenter

Don't really wish to enliven a dead thread - but it fits in with a question I have...
    Quick question to any literary police on duty. Is it correct usage to 'partake in'? Or should it be 'partake of'? or are both acceptable usage?
    Thx.