1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE English with Drama Interview Help!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by mcramd, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Hello
    Happy New Year everyone!
    I was hoping for some help, I have my PGCE secondary interview for English this week and I am starting to get slightly nervous about it.
    My outline for the day is a DVD and discussion
    Written task and subject task
    Five minute Presentation
    Indivdual subject interview.
    I have completed my presentation and I was wondering if you think its acceptable to take in prompt cards, i dont want to be forgetting what i am talking about with nerves getting the better of me.
    Also, i was hoping for advice on whether for topics of interest in education its acceptable to talk about EAL, SEN, Every Child Matters and then the goverment supporting the chance of schools into academies. - It is this part of the interview i am worried about, i dont want to get caught of guard with it.
    Any help, tips or advice would be gratefully recieved.
    Thankyou for taking the time to read this.

2. Hello
    Happy New Year everyone!
    I was hoping for some help, I have my PGCE secondary interview for English this week and I am starting to get slightly nervous about it.
    My outline for the day is a DVD and discussion
    Written task and subject task
    Five minute Presentation
    Indivdual subject interview.
    I have completed my presentation and I was wondering if you think its acceptable to take in prompt cards, i dont want to be forgetting what i am talking about with nerves getting the better of me.
    Also, i was hoping for advice on whether for topics of interest in education its acceptable to talk about EAL, SEN, Every Child Matters and then the goverment supporting the chance of schools into academies. - It is this part of the interview i am worried about, i dont want to get caught of guard with it.
    Any help, tips or advice would be gratefully recieved.
    Thankyou for taking the time to read this.

3. I'm not sure what to say about taking the cards in with you. I would suggest they would be a good idea as a prompt but is there a risk you would use them too much? I would have thought the idea would be to give an impression of what you would be like in front of a classroom...sorry that's not really any help!
    In terms of the current issues in education I have been advised the following:
    1) The introduction of the Baccalaureate
    2) Changes to 14-19 diplomas
    3) APP and peer assessment
    And the ones you said as well!
    Its seems like are so many options that might come up it is very easy to feel overloaded.
    I wish you all the best. My interview at Brighton is on 20th and I am getting really really nervous!