1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

pgce cumbria (lower)

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by arwen_mist17, Apr 19, 2012.

1. hey is there anyone who is starting the lower primary pgce at lancaster campus this september? or even the primary pgce?
    I live in manchester and would like to maybe meet some people before the course starts?
    I will be moving to Lytham St Annes during the course, which is only 30 mins journey so I will be commuting every day.

Hope to hear from you guys
    Laura

2. hey is there anyone who is starting the lower primary pgce at lancaster campus this september? or even the primary pgce?
    I live in manchester and would like to maybe meet some people before the course starts?
    I will be moving to Lytham St Annes during the course, which is only 30 mins journey so I will be commuting every day.

Hope to hear from you guys
    Laura

3. Hi Laura,

I will be starting the Primary Distributed Learning in Sept and I live in Manchester. I'm not sure if I'm going to move or commute yet. I was worried about where the placements would be and cost of driving!

Its great to meet others from Manchester! Have you heard from anyone else?

Michaela (Kyler)

4. Hi Michaela. I think it will take you an hr each way to commute by car, however staying in Manchester you may have more access to better placements. Im only moving bk to St Annes as i can stay there rent free! [​IMG]
    is the distributed learning spread over a longer period than a year? Are you doing Lower Primary?
    I have been talking to a few people on another forum, but can't seem to find any people I met during my interview day.
    Laura

5. Hey im on the general primary had my interview back in december there doesnt seem to be that many people on this forum going to Cumbria!I live in south cumbria so I will have about an hours drive eah way which I am dreading!

6. Hi I'm on the General Primary too, had my interview on 21st March and already feel like I've been waiting forever for the course to start! :) I live in Lancashire and also have an hour's commute each way so I'm hoping my placements will be a bit nearer to home!
    Kelly.

7. Hi guys.
    i think majority of people will have a bit to travel everyday but i just think to myself it will be worth it!
    I can't wait to start, and am also hoping placements will be as close to where i am staying.
    Just need to sort out finance!
    do you guys have much experience working in schools?

Laura

8. Hi i have done 2 years in keystage 1/reception and 1 year in key stage 2 which im carrying on with even though Im on the course as I think it will make it easier in September when we go into placement!

9. Thats great, its good to see people who are coming into the course with different backgrounds.
    Im currently working as a ta in year 1 but worked in eyfs last year.
    Can't wait till we start now!

10. Hi im from near Barrow in Furness,you? x

11. Hiya,

Yeah the course is over 5 terms, its ideal because I need to work part time (hopefully), its 5-11. I'm going to be between Mcr and Lancaster, depending on work and placements. My partner is going to uni there too, so we're excited to get our own place.

I volunteer in a school 2 days a week, what about you? I spend a lot of time in reception, which is great!
    Where do you live in Mcr?

12. I'm in Grange - will you be driving or getting a train? I can't decide what to do . . .