1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE course allocations - final numbers

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by thatdannyguy, Mar 11, 2012.

1. http://www.nsead.org/downloads/Annex_2_mainstream_allocations_1213.pdf

Hey here is a list of this years allocations...they have been out quite a while...when I went for my Interview in early Feb MMU told me they knew how many they were allowed etc...Ive heard that uni's can trade allocations when they have them...so like if they want more in one subject they can give them to another uni in return for places in another subject...

i dont understand it or know the process really but maybe that's why they are taking so long to offer the places???

2. Any idea where I can find the Welsh figures?

3. Thanks for that link, I searched for ages and could only find last year's. [​IMG]
    I e-mailed JMU again on Friday and they confirmed (again) that they still didn't have the final numbers, so perhaps the link shows the initial allocation?
    Anyway, it became slighly immaterial on Friday evening when I got my unconditional offer from them !!

4. Congrats!!! I cant wait to start mine!!!

Yeah I think after the initial allocations they can request changes to accommodate subject that people may have over applied to or under applied which is prob why they took so long...

But it doesnt really matter now you have a place!!!!