1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Confusion

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by MrTricks, Feb 17, 2012.

1. I feel a bit of a numpty posting this, but I think I've managed to thoroughly confuse myself with the GTTR.

If my first choice - UWIC/Cardiff Met PGCE Drama - says referred and there's no decision, offer etc. on my track page, does that mean I'm basically still under consideration for an interview? And that if I am not successful with gaining an interview, or the course is full, they'll move on to my next open choice? The course has now stopped accepting applications, but if they have told the GTTR that they're considering me, does that mean I made it in before the cut off? I submitted Tuesday, and they stopped accepting Wednesday or Thursday, so from what I can tell I just made it in before they stopped accepting, but I'm not 100% sure I am right in this assumption.

I'm not sure if it's me, but I don't find the GTTR application terribly obvious or intuitive to use. It's managed to thoroughly stress me out the last few days!

Hi to everyone, by the way! :)