1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE chronology...

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by rockwhatever, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Hello all,
    I have only recently been informed that I did not make the local GTP. As a result of this I have been trying to arrange something for September. The only real option that I have is the PGCE. This morning has consisted of me trying to a) find a placement via the GTTR and b) find out as much as I can about the finacncial arrangements.
    This may seem like a silly question, but, which order do I apply for both of the previously mentioned things?
    Is it GTTR first and then FInance? or vice versa? or both at the same time?
    Any advice about this or anything relevent would really be appreciated!
    Thanks!

2. Apply through GTTR first. PGCE this year is extremely competitive, and many courses have had their places cut by the government, adding to the chaos. Find out about any courses still with places on GTTR, and then phone the course leader/admin to find out if they are still receiving new applications (GTTR info isn't always up-to-date) and about your chances of success. Once your application is in, apply for your financial support. You don't need confirmed offer - just apply in anticipation of an offer. In any case they check with the course provider about your acceptance and registration before releasing any money.

3. Reicheru

Reicheru New commenter

Yep GTTR first then finance. The finance applications don't open till 16th March so you have a little breather before you have to do that one yet anyway!
    Good luck with your PGCE app.