1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE at York

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by rachx1991, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Hi there,

Just wondered if anyone was starting a PGCE at york uni this year? I'm doing the Chemistry one :) it would be lovely to chat to anyone else who is starting there :)

Rachel

2. Hello there, I'm starting a French + German PGCE :) I have been holed up in Newcastle for the summer doing a German extension course - my main language is French. There are 3 other MFLs due for York doing the course with me. Looking forward to the main course!

3. Hi Rachel,
    I'm starting the PGCE in Chemistry at York this year too :) Are you feeling prepared?! Excited nerves are starting to kick in.
    Louise

4. Ahh I am so glad you've wrote on here, it was making me so anxious not knowing anyone! I don't feel particularly prepared but I'm sure thats just because I'm nervous. Definitely excited though, should be a really good year! Where are you from?
    Rachel

5. Yes! I was wondering how to make contact with people beforehand! I'm doing French with German (not doing the SKE course, just resurrecting my A-level). It's going to be really weird being a student again after graduating 10 years ago - I'm also married with a 4 year old son, so I hope it will all work ok.

How's everyone's primary placement going?

6. My primary school placement in the Manchester area has been very enjoyable so far, the teacher and his assistant have made me very welcome and the kids are already upset I'll be leaving by Friday. I'm just hoping York will still be there next week!
    Looking forward to meeting up - my only problem is I'm still in the process of arranging my accomodation so will stay at the hostel for the first few days. Here's to a stressful yet promising year!