1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE at York University

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by teenagevictorysong, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Hi all
    I've got a place for PGCE Secondary English at York University and was wondering whether there's anyone else out there who will be doing English or any other subject? Look forward to hearing from you!
    Gemma

2. lol55

lol55 New commenter

Hey
    I did my undergrad degree at York so can help you with accomodation and local knowledge if you need it! But I'm afraid I only know a little about the PGCE course itself.
    I absolutely love York and miss it a lot. So make sure you take time out from the mayhem to enjoy it a little!
    Good luck.

3. lol55

lol55 New commenter

Hey
    I did my undergrad degree at York so can help you with accomodation and local knowledge if you need it! But I'm afraid I only know a little about the PGCE course itself.
    I absolutely love York and miss it a lot. So make sure you take time out from the mayhem to enjoy it a little!
    Good luck.

4. Thanks for your reply. I also did my undergrad in York and still live relatively nearby. I'm thinking I may be I'm the only one of the course!
    Gemma

5. lol55

lol55 New commenter

hehe
    I am sure you wont be, I have only found one person who is on my course!!! Good luck with it all :D

6. Hi,

I'm not on your course but I did do the English PGCE at York a few years ago! It was good fun, all the schools there are pretty leafy and nice, and Nick McGuinn (if he's still the course leader) is very enthusiastic! Good luck.

7. heras

heras New commenter

Hi, I just wanted to ask how you are getting on at York Uni? You're the only person I can find that does a Secondary English PGCE there! Any info you can give me would be helpful thank you! :D