1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE ASSIGNMENT HELP-LOCAL HISTORY

Discussion in 'History' started by katix88, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Hiya I am a PGCE student in Cardiff and I'm currently working on an assignment about how local history can be used to enthuse pupils to learn history! At the moment however, I'm a bit stuck for reading for my Lit review. Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

2. Katix,
    More info for you. The website of the Glamorgan Family History Society is http://www.glamfhs.org with the Secetary at secretary@glamfhs.org.
    Both might be of use to you for research - my own family started in Somerset then went to South Wales where my GreatGrandFather was a miner in Aberdare and where my GrandFather and his siblings were born. If you are interested have a look on the web at the International Geneological Index - for free access to the entire 1881 census for England and Wales. Your pupils might find things about their ancestors on this.
    Hope all goes well with your course.
    rb211[​IMG]