1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Art and Design - portfolio

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by Jazmyn, May 1, 2012.

1. For my interview I was advised to include work from my art foundation course, all 3 years of my exam and recent work and include as much variety as possible. I would suggest trying to cover as many aspects of art as possible including: painting, drawing (life drawing would be perfect), illustration, printing, installation, video, photography, digital work, sculpture, textiles, fashion, print for textiles, graphic design, ceramics, etc. I'd say quality + diversity is the key!!
    Bear in mind history of art is a totally different subject and you may be missing certain key skills which you will need to learn before you can teach. I'd suggest considering a one year foundation course which will introduce you to a huge range of practical skills you may not have come across. It's also fantastic fun!! I enjoyed my foundation year more than my degree!!

2. Lottes

Lottes New commenter

Yep- variety is the key, totally agree. Oil painting is all very well for examples of your own practice, but does not transfer well to the classroom. School experience is also really important before interview. Images of the work you saw being produced could also be included as a point for discussion.