1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Art and Design -General advice

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by DANILYNCH, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Hello,

I was wondering if there was anyone who has recently graduated and could offer feedback on the PGCE in Art and Design at Goldsmiths. I am thinking of applying and am a bit nervous more so about the whole application process than the actually intensity of the course itself.

Any feedback would be great.
    How was the application process for you?
    What type of work did you include in portfolio?
    Did you enjoy the year , was it beneficial?
    Are you currently teaching?

My biggest worry is the portfolio. I studied Fine Art and specialized in drawing, very faint drawing which is difficult to photograph well. However, from reading pretty much all of the threads on this topic, it seems it is perfectly ok to include foundation level work along with degree work. Is this the case? I also have bits and pieces of illustrations I could include , but would there be an issue that the portfolio doesn't have a conceptual flow or any real content , but rather technique and process?

What is the teaching contact time like? Is it 5 days per week ?

Its a big step to take financially, so any feedback on the whole experience would be great.

Thanks in advance,
    D

2. Hello,

I was wondering if there was anyone who has recently graduated and could offer feedback on the PGCE in Art and Design at Goldsmiths. I am thinking of applying and am a bit nervous more so about the whole application process than the actually intensity of the course itself.

Any feedback would be great.
    How was the application process for you?
    What type of work did you include in portfolio?
    Did you enjoy the year , was it beneficial?
    Are you currently teaching?

My biggest worry is the portfolio. I studied Fine Art and specialized in drawing, very faint drawing which is difficult to photograph well. However, from reading pretty much all of the threads on this topic, it seems it is perfectly ok to include foundation level work along with degree work. Is this the case? I also have bits and pieces of illustrations I could include , but would there be an issue that the portfolio doesn't have a conceptual flow or any real content , but rather technique and process?

What is the teaching contact time like? Is it 5 days per week ?

Its a big step to take financially, so any feedback on the whole experience would be great.

Thanks in advance,
    D