1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Art & Design at University of Ulster Coleraine

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by rubyrednire, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Hi
    yes I have been invited for interview on 8 March for Art & Design too. A friend of mine went for the interview last year and says the questions are pretty standard. what are your interest and what subjects can you offer as extra curricular. I don't know what the writtern is likely to be. It says something art related. What do you think. I am a bit nervous about it and don't really know what to research for it. When is your interview?

2. Hi
    wow! I can see what you mean. A lot to deal with at the minute. I have 3 of my own, so know what you are dealing with. Good luck with baby. They like you to have some informal or formal experience if possible in a school, I think it helps you get in the teaching mindset. I know what you mean about the portfolio, I am a graphic designer so mine is mostly brochures and leaflets, but I imagine they will have a lot of mature students with the economy in such a state so probably not too experimental and art collegey. I think they take your portfolio in and look through it before they interview you so you don't get a chance to talk about it. I would love to know how many they are interviewing. Is your degree in Architecture!

3. Hi Karder12, have you heard anything back yet?