1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

pgce anxious about no reply when others have had yes and no!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by rachieg87, Feb 16, 2011.

1. I had an interview for pgce in January and threads on TES show that my university has given out places to some people and apparently people got rejection letters couple of weeks ago. I rang up to see what was going on and was told they hadnt made any allocation decisions, yet they had, so rang back again and said I am aware of some people ( even those with exactly same interview date) that have been accepted and I was told they have given out some places but are waiting to find out how many they can have from the GTTR before they can give out anymore. That was on Friday but I was under the impression they already knew how many places they ha been given and it is primary as well so the trading courses, closing courses problem doesnt really apply here. They say I will have to wait 2 weeks, which is really hard when I know other people on my course have been given a place and are now feeling that it is very unlikely I will get on. Do you think, instead of waiting for more allocations from TDA, that what is more liekly is that they are waiting for people to accept/ reject offers and if they do they will offer it to somebody that is currently in limbo?
    Any advice would be really helpful, thank you

2. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

Although it is impossible for us to say, it does "feel" as though they are waiting on people accepting. This is, of course, just conjecture.