1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE - Action Research

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by vied18, Dec 29, 2018.

1. vied18

vied18 New commenter

Hi,

I am a student, I am working towards my PGCE. I'm a little stuck at the moment, my topic is Dyslexia. However I am unsure how to start this, would anyone mind sharing their Action Research with me. I would appreciate any help I can get at the moment.

Thank you x

2. Flanks

Flanks Established commenter

Typically speaking Action Research will focus on a specific intervention/activity for a specific outcome, which you will do twice with a reflective period in between the two to make any modifications to your research design.

Do you have any specific ideas you want to focus on?

vied18 and Stiltskin like this.
  3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

4. Flanks

:D

5. vied18

vied18 New commenter

Hi,

I'm so sorry I did not pick this up earlier, i've been run down with a cold.
    My action research is centred around ' identifying which resources and support can aid students in secondary education'.

I hope this makes sense,

V

6. Flanks

No worries :) I think you need to unpack that further, aid students in what way? What particular area of a student's secondary education do you want to examine?

7. vied18

vied18 New commenter

Hi Flanks,

Okay unpack... that makes sense too broad I suppose, aiding students due to take their GCSE's. Should I refine my title ... looking at English literature. How students tackle exam questions as these assessments are summative assessments, and no assistance can be given unlike formative assessment. How should I redefine my title ? I am worried, I wanted to cover this topic as I am dyslexic myself and I know I struggled whilst I was at school. Unfortunately it was not until I was doing my BA at 37 years old my professor picked up on it and I was assessed. Pretty much left school with nothing, hence the profession I have chosen. Thank for all your help, I'm going to attach my email address just in case you want to communicate on this topic further. vaskoolum18@hotmail.co.uk