1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

PGCE Abroad

Discussion in 'Overseas trained teachers' started by vanessa_hamblin, Jul 20, 2018.

  1. vanessa_hamblin

    vanessa_hamblin New commenter

    Hello all,

    I know there are so many threads on teaching abroad but I can’t find something as specific of what I’m looking for.
    I have completed my BA Hons in Early Years Education and was planning on doing my PGCE in the UK from September although due to a change of personal circumstances I would like to consider now training overseas as I feel the next few years are my opportunity to experience a different country and life style.
    I’m wondering if anyone has completed a PGCE abroad and could tell me the pros/cons. Could they then get a job in the UK upon return? I’m potentially looking at USA or UE. I haven’t been in ‘school’ teaching but I am currently a nursery school manager so have been in early years for 8 years and have a wealth of experience in that sector! If anyone has time to let me know thoughts it would be greatly appreciated.
  2. blueskydreaming

    blueskydreaming Lead commenter

    If you complete teacher training in the USA then yes, you'd be able to use that qualification and teach in the UK.

    I don't know what 'UE' is? UAE? If UAE then no, no qualifications studied there would allow you to teach in the UK.
  3. vanessa_hamblin

    vanessa_hamblin New commenter

    Thanks so much for your reply... yes sorry I meant UAE (predictive text!)

    Thanks for the insight. Is there any American teaching ‘colleges’ you can recommend or have heard other teachers have used? I feel there is so much online that it’s a bit overwhelming!
  4. Sherri21

    Sherri21 New commenter

  5. Wotton

    Wotton Lead commenter

    blueskydreaming likes this.
  6. Sherri21

    Sherri21 New commenter

    Hi Wotton,

    I’ve just completed the course, I’m a UK citizen and a resident of the UAE.

    You still need to complete the skills test. They also require the same entry requirements as the UK. If you are interested, go on the the site and explore the different international courses.

Share This Page